In partnership with Surfing Australia, the Nikon Surf Photo and Video of the Year awards celebrate the very best in Australian surf photography and videography
Snap big. Win big.
Things to know
- You can enter up to 3 photos and 2 videos taken between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018
- The competition closes at 5.00pm on February 15, 2019 (AEST)
- The Surf Photo of the Year winner will get a Nikon Z 7, 24-70mm f/4 S, and FTZ adapter
- The Surf Video of the Year winner will get a Nikon Z 6, 24-70mm f/4 S, and FTZ adapter
- Winners will be announced on April 2, 2019
- Entries will be judged by a panel, including Nikon Ambassador Stephanie Gilmore and 6x other world surfing champions
Surf Photo of the Year
How to enter
We’re looking for stunning, ocean and surf-themed images taken from anywhere in the world that capture the sea in all its glory. Enter up to 3 photos with a title and short description for your chance to win.
Check out last year’s winning entry:
“I worked systematically at locations that made me feel connected and grounded to nature during the creative practice. Simplifying the variables and working without judgement of the conditions was critical in building a cohesive body of work over a long period of time. To find variations in light, colour, and energy, I worked at very specific times of day and positioned myself in the same location to take every photograph over the course of the project, much like traditional landscape artists.”
Trent Mitchell | 2018 Nikon Surf Photo of the Year winner
Surf Video of the Year
How to enter
From sea and swell to the briny deep, the Nikon Surf Video of the Year award will celebrate the best ocean-themed footage filmed anywhere in the world. From short snippets to full length features, you can enter any length or format film.