The Nikon Surf Video of the Year Award will celebrate the best surf video or film, of any length or format, made by an Australian resident in 2017.
Think your film deserves the Nikon Surf Video of the Year Award? All Australian residents can enter!
- Surf video filmed, produced or directed during the period 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017
- Entries close at 5.00pm (AEST) on 8 January 2018
- Prize winners will be announced in March 2018
Nikon Surf Video of the Year 2017 Winner – “You And Me: The David ‘Barney’ Miller Story” by Garage Entertainment
“Active and life loving David ‘Barney’ Miller was a passenger in a tragic car accident that left him a quadriplegic, unable to use his arms and legs ever again. As expected he enters a dark time in his life, but through the love and support of his family, friends (world surfing champion, Mick Fanning) and finding his soul mate, Kathryn ‘Kate’ Southwell, he takes on the impossible. He makes it his mission to kneel when he proposes to Kate, stand at the altar as they get married and dance with her as husband and wife.”
We’re looking for the best surf video of any length or format. If you are an Australian who has filmed, produced or directed a Surf video, then we’d love to receive your entry for judging. The video can be shot overseas – you just need to be an Australian resident to enter.
Your video will be judged on the following criteria:
- Level of contribution to the sport of surfing
- Innovation and creativity
- Sound and visual content
How to enter:
- Entry is free and open to Australian residents who have either filmed, produced or directed a surfing related video that has been released during 2017.
- You’ll need to upload the surf video or film, of any length or format to the entry form below. Once uploaded, you’ll be required to enter your name, email and contact number. We also ask that you submit up to 100 words describing the video and your story behind its creation. Once you’ve submitted your entry form, please allow two business days for your entry to be shown on this website – we need to verify, screen and upload your entry to the site.
- If your trailer makes it to our shortlist, we’ll contact you via email or phone to ask you to submit the full length video to us for the final judging of the award – please make sure you have this at hand ready to submit.