The Nikon Surf Movie of the Year Award will celebrate the best feature-length surf movie released in 2015 that is filmed, produced or directed by an Australian citizen.
Think your film deserves the Nikon Surf Movie of the Year Award? All Australians can enter!
1st January, 2015 – 31st December, 2015
We’re looking for the best feature-length surf movie that is released in 2015. If you are an Australian who has filmed, produced or directed a Surf movie, then we’d love to receive your entry for judging. The movie can be shot overseas – you just need to be an Australian citizen to enter.
Your movie will be judged on the following criteria:
- Level of contribution to the sport of surfing
- Innovation and creativity
- Sound and visual content
How To Enter
- Entry is free and open to Australian citizens who have either filmed, produced or directed a surfing related feature-length film that has been released during 2015.
- You’ll need to upload the trailer of your movie to either YouTube or Vimeo. The maximum length for your trailer is 5 minutes. You’ll need to do this by creating an account on either YouTube or Vimeo and upload your movie trailer from there.
- Once you have uploaded your video, you can fill out the entry form below.You’ll be required to enter your name, email, contact number and the YouTube or Vimeo link to your video. We also ask that you submit up to 100 words describing the movie and your story behind its creation. Once you’ve submitted your entry form, please allow 2 business days for your entry to be shown on this website – we need to verify, screen and upload your entry to the site.
- If your trailer makes it to our shortlist, we’ll contact you via email or phone to ask you to submit the full length movie to us for the final judging of the award – please make sure you have this at hand ready to submit.