Terms and Conditions for the My Nikon Life Play with Water Assignment promotion
Nikon Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 74 34 121 761 537) of Suite 501, Level 5, 5 Rider Boulevard, Rhodes NSW 2138. Telephone number: 02 8767 6900.
- The Entrant is any person who has entered this promotion in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Information on how to enter, prizes, and other details contained within promotional advertisements form part of these terms and conditions. By entering this promotion or using a prize, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entries not completed in accordance with these terms and conditions are void. Entries will be deemed void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
- Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older. The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
- All management, employees and contractors of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and their immediate families, and all retailers and agents of the Promoter, are not eligible to enter. ‘Immediate family’ of a person, means their spouse, de facto spouse, parents, natural or adopted children, and siblings (whether natural or adopted by a parent), whether or not they live in the same household as the person
- To enter the promotion, a person must:
- Post a water-inspired image to entrant’s Instagram account.
Image must be the entrant’s own original content.
- In the image caption use #NikonAssignment and tag @NikonAustralia.
- Follow @NikonAustralia on Instagram.
- Entrant’s Instagram account must be set to public.
- All entries must be received by the Promoter by 11:59pm (AEDT) Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
- Consent to Nikon Australia using their image (credited) on social media at a date to be determined.
- Post a water-inspired image to entrant’s Instagram account.
- The Promoter may disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory language.
- Entries for the promotion open at 9:00am (AEDT) Thursday, February 1, 2018 and close at 11:59pm (AEDT) Wednesday, February 28, 2018. This period is referred to as the “Promotion Period”. All entries must be received by the Promoter by 11:59pm (AEDT) Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
- Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Incomplete, inaudible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Only one entry is permitted per person. Entrants can only enter in their own name. The use of automatic entry software or similar devices is prohibited.
- There are three major prizes available:
Major prize: A COOLPIX W300 camera (colour may vary), plus a Nikon waterproof backpack, bundle valued at $599
- A major prize will be awarded to three entries to the promotion which are deemed by the promoter as the winning entry in accordance with these terms and conditions. Chance plays no part in determining the winners.
- Prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize. If the prize is unavailable for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for another of equal or greater value, subject to any applicable State or Territory regulations. Values are to the extent permitted by law: a) the Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability, or merchantability of the prize; and b) no compensation will be payable if, for any reason, a winner is unable to use a prize as stated.
- Winning names will be published on www.mynikonlife.com.au no later than Friday 16th March 2018. By entering the promotion, Entrants consent to the publication of their details in accordance with this paragraph.
- Any part of any prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited. Any taxes (other than GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The entrant must comply with these terms and conditions and the directions of the Promoter (or their nominee) in participating in the promotion and attending the match.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including any person’s My Nikon Life membership, identity, age and place of residence). Proof of My Nikon Life membership, identification, age or residency is considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winning Entrant to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize, or appears unwilling to participate in the promotion. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winning Entrants may be required to sign a legal release each in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who it has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON A WEBSITE, OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WHETHER SUCCESSFUL OR NOT, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded under the Consumer Guarantees (as defined below) or other applicable law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions; any tax liability incurred by the winner or Entrant; any prize(s); or participation in or use of any prize. In these terms and conditions, ‘Consumer Guarantees’ means the consumer guarantees which apply to the supply of products or services under the Australia Consumer Law set out in Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (CCA), as amended from time to time or other similar legislation of a state or territory of Australia
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the promotion is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter may require each winning Entrant to partake in media exposure, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing and publicity without any further reference, payment or other compensation.
- By entering the promotion unless the Promoter is otherwise advised, Entrants consent to the Promoter using their personal information for facilitating the promotion, awarding prizes and future similar promotional marketing and publicity purposes and disclosing that information to its related bodies corporate and contractors for those purposes.