Nikon’s newest DX-format DSLR transforms social storytelling via automatic smart device connectivity
Nikon Australia is proud to announce the launch of the D5600, the latest entry-level DX-format DSLR with Nikon’s innovative SnapBridge function. With its convenient connectivity features, photography hobbyists and content creators alike can explore different creative and artistic expressions for easy sharing and social storytelling.
The D5600 is equipped with a range of features that encourage users to capture and communicate their memories and favourite moments. Featuring a vari-angle LCD monitor that flips out and rotates, greater creative freedom in photography expressions is made possible. A perennial favourite with the D5000 series, the D5600 boasts touch screen operation via a vari-angle LCD monitor that has been further enhanced with the addition of a crop function for use during playback zoom and a frame advance bar that lets users scroll through images in playback mode easily. Time-lapse movie function from the more advanced Nikon D7200 has also been incorporated into this DSLR, providing users an opportunity to experiment and expand their visual storytelling with stunning time-lapse videos.
In addition, a constant connection between the D5600 and a smart device is possible using the SnapBridge app and Bluetooth® low energy (BLE) technology. Still images captured are automatically transferred to the paired smart device and users can upload and share high quality images in a seamless, integrated process. SnapBridge also enables the image transfer to continue even after the camera has been turned off, whilst also allowing the uploading of images to NIKON IMAGE SPACE for storage and sharing. Doubling the convenience of a user’s photography experience is the camera’s built-in Wi-Fi® for wireless video transfer and remote shooting, transforming the DSLR to an all-time companion for any occasion.
“The Nikon D5600 embodies the sentiment that people enjoy sharing how they see the world in different creative means and experiences. Equipped with a range of features including SnapBridge connectivity via built-in Bluetooth®, the D5600 encourages users to capture, communicate and share their favourite memories and moments seamlessly to their social devices,” said James Murray, Director of Sales & Marketing, Nikon Australia. “Compact and lightweight, the D5600 fits comfortably within a users’ backpack, allowing them to capture their favourite candid moments on-the-go, from family gatherings and events to stunning horizons and landscapes whilst travelling.”
D5600 Primary Features
- Keeping up with inspiration: Support for the SnapBridge app*1 means that with a one-time setup, a constant connection between the D5600 and a smart device*2 is maintained, enabling simple automatic transfer*3 of photos. In addition, a number of convenient functions, including automatic upload to Nikon’s photo sharing service, NIKON IMAGE SPACE*4, the addition of copyright information and comments to photos and automatic synchronisation of camera date/time and location information with that of the smart device can be used. What’s more, the D5600 also supports the high-speed transfer of selected still images, movie transfer and remote capture of still images when Wi-Fi*5 is enabled.
- Pairing flexibility with functionality: The camera is equipped with a 3.2-inch vari-angle LCD touch screen monitor that enables shooting from low to high angles and even selfies. Naturally, the touch screen function shares the same touch operations available with the D5500, but the new D5600 also supports the frame advance bar adopted for the high-end D5 and D500 for scrolling through images in full-frame playback. In addition, the touch Fn function favoured with the D5500 has been expanded to support the enabling and disabling of auto ISO sensitivity control and operation with viewfinder shooting has also been improved.
- Igniting creativity in vivid colours: The intuitive D5600 offers an effective pixel count of 24.2 million pixels and is equipped with a Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor without an optical low-pass filter. The combination of this technology, alongside an EXPEED 4 image-processing engine, enables capture of images that make the most of the superior rendering characteristics of NIKKOR lenses. A broad range of standard sensitivities are supported with ISO 100 to 25600, enabling the capture of highly detailed images in which noise is effectively suppressed, even with shooting in dark or dimly lit surroundings.
- Expanding the visual sensory: The D5600 is newly equipped with the time-lapse movie function which allows users to easily compress long periods of time into short ones, entirely within the camera, to express changes that occur over time, such as the shapes of clouds as they roll by or the movement of people and cars through city streets. In addition, the exposure smoothing function makes capturing beautiful time-lapse movies easier by suppressing variations in exposure caused by changes in lighting that occur naturally, such as when the sun comes up or goes down. Time-lapse movies recorded with the camera can also be transferred to a smart device via SnapBridge.
1 The SnapBridge app can be downloaded free of charge from the App Store® and Google Play
2 The SnapBridge app is available for compatible iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, and for smart devices running the AndroidTM operating system
3 Images (JPEG) resized to 2-megapixed equivalent can be transferred automatically. RAW/TIFF data cannot be transferred. Movies can be transferred by switching to Wi-Fi
4 To upload images automatically to NIKON IMAGE SPACE, Nikon ID registration (free) is required, which can be easily setup via [Nikon ID registration/change] menu on the SnapBridge application. Only when uploading to NKON IMAGE SPACE via SnapBridge, JPEG data reduced to 2-megapixel equivalent can be uploaded unlimitedly in number and capacity
5 The camera cannot be directly paired with a smart device using Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi can be used by enabling it after the camera has been paired with the smart device using Bluetooth®
– The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Nikon Corporation is under license.
– Wi-Fi and the Wi-Fi logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
– Apple®, App Store®, the Apple logos, iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch® are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and/or other countries.
– AndroidTM and Google PlayTM are trademarks of Google Inc.
– Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.