Made to capture exciting family moments on-the-go, the new COOLPIX W100 is reliable and easy-to-use with a specially designed menu and additional creative options for young photographers
SYDNEY – Nikon Australia is pleased to announce the release of the new COOLPIX W100, a durable compact digital camera made for every member of the family with connected fun and always-on connectivity via Nikon’s new SnapBridge app.
The COOLPIX W100 combines reliable image quality with an easy-to-use animated menu option, and an ergonomic design for effortless fun across the family. Its compact rounded design, large buttons and intelligent features such as Underwater Face Framing, ensure that every member of the family can capture high quality images and Full HD*3 video at the press of a button. New creative options including ‘Cartoon Effect’, colourful Stamps and Frame Decorations have also been introduced to encourage creativity in younger users.
With the addition of SnapBridge, the COOPIX W100 provides a constant connection with a smart device through Nikon’s unique always-on Bluetooth® connection. Images captured are transferred instantaneously to the users’ smart devices, enabling easy sharing to their favourite social media platforms. This eliminates the need to remove and transfer images from the SD memory card, making the sharing of outdoor pursuits and spontaneous photography easy.
“Whether you’re on a thrill seeking adventure holiday with the family or celebrating a loved one’s birthday at home, the COOLPIX W100 has been designed to capture the most animated and unexpected family moments on-the-go,” said James Murray, Director of Sales & Marketing, Nikon Australia. “With the exciting addition of SnapBridge connectivity, as well as saving directly to smart devices, users are also able to share their favourite moments easily through their preferred social platform.”
Nikon COOLPIX W100 Key Features:
- Easy photography with a fuss-free companion
- Reliable performance for use by every member of the family: Whether at the pool, park-sandbox, or even on the slopes, the camera is ready for a variety of leisure activities with its tough body equipped to be waterproof down to 10 m*1, shockproof to withstand falls from as high as 1.8 m*2, dustproof*4 and freeze-proof down to −10°C*5.
- Support for Nikon’s exclusive SnapBridge technology, which expands the ways in which life’s best moments are shared: Nikon’s new SnapBridge facility, which uses Bluetooth® low energy (BLE) technology to establish a constant connection between the camera and a smart device. Photos taken with the camera can be automatically transferred*9 to a smart device, as well as allowing an unlimited number of thumbnail images (2 MP in size) to be automatically uploaded*10 from the smart device’s SnapBridge app into Nikon’s photo sharing service, NIKON IMAGE SPACE. Photos can be also transferred via the internet or shared onto a social media platform the moment they are taken so sharing the exciting and dramatic moments is made easy.
- Functions and a level of performance that make capturing beautiful photos easy: The W100 has an effective pixel count of 13.2 megapixels*6 and is equipped with a 3x optical zoom NIKKOR lens. With Dynamic Fine Zoom*7, the W100 can achieve approximately 6x zoom with its resolution preserved in the digital zoom range. In addition, the camera offers a number of functions that make capturing beautiful photos easy, including Underwater Face Framing (which detects and automatically photographs human faces when the camera is in the water), Target Finding autofocus*8 to further help the camera detect and focus on the primary subject and a new Add Light Trails (Multiple Exp. Lighten) mode for photo recording of beautiful once difficult light trails made by stars.
- Reflect your creativity with the world
- A multitude of shooting and retouch functions to make photography fun: Express yourself in a variety of ways with designs and frames, and enjoy the ability to change colours and apply effects to images after they are taken. After images are captured, decorate them with colourful hearts, stars or other stamps using the new Stamp function, while the new Add Cartoon Effects function can be used to make the image look like a panel from a comic with hairline effects.
- Preserve high-quality movies of memories with Full HD*3 recording with stereo sound: Relive exciting moments with a Full HD movie recording function that enables recording of high-quality movies by simply pressing the movie-record button. The effects of camera shake are also effectively reduced with the electronic vibration reduction (VR) function.
- Indulge in the excitement with more features
- A Variety Menu setting that allows the user to control camera functions according to the user or situation.
- A welcome screen in which the background changes according to the time of day, or select unique rare screens and adorable characters and more to customise your camera experience.
- Easy-to-hold and user-friendly, even for children with small hands, the W100 is designed with a rounded form for a superior grip.
- A message function that allows users to communicate by recording and adding voice messages to an image, and an Image Lock function that allows users to restrict image deletion by simply holding down two of the buttons on the back of the camera at the same time.
1 Waterproof: a depth of 10 m / 33 ft [JIS/IEC protection class 8 equivalent (IPX8: shooting enabled for 60 min underwater at a depth of 10 m / 33 ft)]
2 Shockproof: resists a drop of 1.8 m / 5.9 ft (Passed the NIKON drop testing condition, which is compliant with MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5- Shock)
3 Full HD indicates recording capability in the 1920 × 1080 format
4 Dustproof: JIS/IEC protection class 6 (IP6X) equivalent
5 Freeze-proof: down to approx. -10°C (14°F)
6 May be reduced with image processing
7 The zoom ratio indicated for Dynamic Fine Zoom is the combined ratio of optical zoom from the maximum wide-angle position and digital zoom
8 With shooting in point and shoot mode
9 Automatic transfer of movies is not supported. Movies can only be transferred with manual selection using the smart device. Movies can be transferred by switching to Wi-Fi®, then selecting files manually. Download is not available with AVI files.
10 Registration of a “Nikon ID” beforehand is required. “Nikon ID” refers to a new individual ID for user registration necessary to take advantage of Nikon services (registration is free). SnapBridge Application download is free from Apple App Store® and GooglePlay™. The iOS application release date will be announced on the SnapBridge Microsite as soon as it is determined.
* The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Nikon Corporation is under license.
** Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners