The AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G is the latest addition to the FX-format lens lineup and utilises an all new optical design allowing users to enjoy shooting portraits with pleasing blur characteristics only possible through fixed focal length lenses. Even with a fast maximum aperture of f/1.8, the AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G is very lightweight at roughly 350g, allowing users to easily carry their camera around with this lens mounted.
Being equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures not only quiet autofocus operations, but also makes autofocus shooting possible when the lens is used with entry-level Nikon DX-format digital-SLR cameras such as the D5100 and D3100.
AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G Primary Features
- A fast, medium-telephoto fixed focal length lens with a focal length of 85 mm and a maximum aperture of f/1.8 compatible with the Nikon FX-format
- An all new optical design that enables maximum utilisation of DSLR camera capabilities in shooting high quality images
- Very lightweight at approximately 350g, even with the large aperture
- Equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing
- Automatic detection of hard colour filters attached to the front of the flash head
- Autofocus shooting is also possible when the lens is used with entry-level Nikon DX-format digital-SLR cameras such as the D5100 and D3100, which are not equipped with an autofocus drive motor
- Equipped with two focus modes, M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual)