We’re introducing a new member to the family of Nikon Speedlights – the SB-910.
The SB-910 is a high-end Speedlight for advanced amateur to professional photographers. Improvements since the SB-900 mean smoother operation, greater illumination precision and the adoption of hard colour filters.Compatible with the Nikon Creative Lighting System, the SB-910 fully supports the creative photography of advanced amateurs and professionals, allowing greater lighting control.
The SB-910 includes a Thermal Sensor, located in the flash head, so that when a high temperature is reached, recycling time is increased to prevent overheating. This will help to minimise flash failure due to thermal cut-out, allowing the flash to be fired continuously.
Photographers will no longer miss shots due to sudden pauses in flash operation, enabling continual flash photography over long periods.
SB-910 Primary Features:
- A refined user interface for smoother operation
- Users can now quickly access custom settings using the new MENU button. In addition, the graphical user interface (GUI) has been improved to offer simpler application of settings for all operations.
- Three illumination patterns for use according to the scene
- The SB-910 offers selection from three illumination patterns (Standard, Even, Center-weighted), allowing users to choose the pattern most appropriate for the scene. Illumination precision has also been increased.
- Automatic detection of hard colour filters attached to the front of the flash head
- The SB-910 supports hard colour filters because they are more durable, stand up better to the heat generated by the flash head and are easier to use than the gel colour filters supported by its predecessor. One incandescent filter and one fluorescent filter are supplied with the SB-910.
Additional SB-910 Features and Functions:
- Guide number of 34/111.5 (at ISO 100, m/ft., 35-mm zoom head position, in FX format, standard illumination pattern) for high flash output volume
- Fully compatible with the Nikon Creative Lighting System
- Power zoom function with which the SB-910 automatically adjusts the zoom head position to match lens focal length
- FX format, Standard illumination pattern: 17–200 mm (14 mm with the built-in wide panel in place)
- DX format, Standard illumination pattern: 12–200 mm (10 mm with the built-in wide panel in place)
- Automatic switching of zoom head position with detection of the camera’s image area setting—FX or DX format—for optimal angle of flash coverage