Schedule for the Nikon Photo Contest 2016-2017 Photo Exhibition is announced.
The Nikon Photo Contest 2016-2017 Photo Exhibition will be a traveling exhibition of winners’ works of the Contest, as announced by Nikon Australia today.
The exhibition will travel through nine major cities around the world. It has already begun in Japan, and will make its way to China, India, the Czech Republic, France and the United Kingdom.
This time, the Contest set its own new record in terms of the number of countries and regions from which works were submitted, with 76,356 entries from a total of 21,511 people representing 170 countries and regions around the world.
Winning entries for the Grand Prize, the Nikon 100th Anniversary Prize, and the Award for the Most Popular Entry were selected, and the awards ceremony, at which the winners of these top three awards were honoured, was recently held at the Shinagawa Intercity Hall on Thursday, July 27, 2017.
Visitors to the Exhibition will be able to view the award-winning images, including the entries that won the Contest’s top three awards.
The Nikon Photo Contest has been held since 1969 with the goals of providing an opportunity for professional and amateur photographers around the world to communicate and enrich photographic culture. Nikon will continue to contribute to the further cultivation of photographic culture through its future Photo Contests.
- Tokyo: July 24 to September 30, 2017 at Nikon Museum
- Tokyo: October 24 to October 30, 2017 at THE GALLERY, Nikon Plaza Shinjuku
- Shanghai: August 8 to August 31, 2017 at Nikon Plaza Shanghai
- Beijing: September 7 to September 30, 2017 at Nikon Plaza Beijing
- Guangzhou: October 6 to October 31, 2017 at Nikon Plaza Guangzhou
- Delhi: November 1 to November 12, 2017 at All India Fine Arts & Crafts Society
- Mumbai: November 21 to November 30, 2017 at National Centre for the Performing Arts
- Prague: October 2 to October 30, 2017 at NIKON PHOTO GALLERY
- Paris: November 9 to November 13, 2017 at Porte de Versailles
- London: December 1 to December 31, 2017 at Center of Excellence
More details are available on the official Nikon Photo Contest website: www.nikon-photocontest.com
Nikon 100 Year Anniversary
Since the company was established in 1917, Nikon has cultivated its status as a pioneer of optical technologies in Japan and overseas. Guided by our corporate philosophy of “Trustworthiness and Creativity,” we provide a wide range of technologies, products and services globally by harnessing our advanced technologies, the core of which encompasses opto-electronics and precision technologies. We are proud to celebrate our 100th anniversary in 2017.
Nikon. At the Heart of the Image. Nikon is the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology and is globally recognised for setting new standards in product design and performance for its award-winning consumer and professional photographic equipment. Nikon Australia distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; Nikon COOLPIX compact digital cameras; Nikon sports optics as well as the Nikon 1 advanced cameras with interchangeable lens system in over 50 countries. For more information, visit mynikonlife.com.au. Connect with Nikon on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.