Nikon are pleased to announce the release of Capture NX-D (beta version).
Capture NX-D is a free software application that will replace the current Capture NX 2 application. RAW images (with the NEF or NRW file extension) captured with Nikon DSLR cameras, Nikon 1 advanced cameras with interchangeable lenses, and Nikon COOLPIX compact digital cameras can be loaded into the application for high-quality photofinishing through the processing and adjustment of images after they are captured. In addition to RAW images, the application can also be used to adjust JPEG and TIFF files.
- Adjustment functions specialised for RAW processing
- Support for simple adjustment of JPEG and TIFF images
- Floating palettes that are easy to use with multiple screens
- A variety of displays, including comparisons of multiple images and adjustment before-and-after images
- Adoption of a sidecar format that saves original data as non-destructive files
During the period that Capture NX-D (beta version) is available, Nikon will collect requests and ideas from users to improve the application prior to its official release scheduled for this winter.