Nikon Australian and The Walkley Foundation are proud to announce the Nikon-Walkley Awards For Excellence in Photojournalism 2015.
The Nikon-Walkley Awards reward the excellence in visual journalism and cover all media including print, television, radio, photographic and online media. The Walkley recognise “creative and courageous acts of journalism that seek out the truth and give new insight to an issue”.
They reward excellence, independence, innovation and originality in storytelling and distinctive reporting. This can be through research and investigations, well-crafted and innovative presentations, news-breaking single stories and engaging, entertaining and/or informative reporting. General criteria in assessing entries include:
- Storytelling ability
- Public benefit and audience engagement
- Accuracy and ethics
- Writing and creative flair
Finalists are selected by eminent journalists and photographers; the overall winners are judged by the Walkley Board.
HOW TO ENTER
- All Nikon-Walkley entries need to go through the online system at:
- Follow the prompts throughout the form. At the end of the online submission process, you will be sent a confirmation email.
- Please pay attention to the file size limit when uploading your work.
- Entries must be received by 5pm on Monday August 31st,2015.
For more information about how to enter, please visit http://www.walkleys.com/about/photography-galleries/