NIKON DF – SPEND A DAY WITH MARCUS BELL PROMOTION CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is via Internet only.
- The promotion commences at 9:00am (AEST) on 1/7/2014 and concludes at 5:00pm (AEST) on 30/9/2014 (Promotional Period)
- Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older. The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter the promotion, Entrants must successfully submit an Entry as follows:
- Purchase a new Nikon Df DSLR (Eligible Product) at a Nikon Australia Authorised Reseller (Authorised Reseller) in Australia (Eligible Purchase) and retain the purchase receipt of the Eligible Purchase (Purchase Receipt); and
- Log on to www.mynikonlife.com.au/dfpromotion (Promotional Website) to fully and correctly complete the entry form in the manner required, including providing the Entrant’s full name, contact telephone number, residential address, current and valid email address, and a photocopy of their Purchase Receipt. All entries must be received by the Promoter by 11:59pm (AEST) on 14/10/2014 (together, an Entry)
- Multiple entries accepted however each entry must be based on a separate Eligible Purchase, submitted separately and must independently comply with these Conditions of Entry.
- Each Entrant must retain and may be required to present proof of each Eligible Purchase in order to claim a prize. An Entrant may be required to provide to the Promoter proof of purchase for all entries made. If an Entrant is unable to provide proof of purchase for all entries made within the required timeframes, then all the entries of that Entrant will be ineligible and deemed invalid. Proof of purchase includes showing the original and providing a photocopy of the store receipt.
- The draw to determine the winners will take place at 10:00am (AEST) on 15/10/2014 at Nikon Australia Pty Ltd, Suite 501, Level 5, 5 Rider Boulevard, Rhodes NSW 2138. The winners will be notified in writing and their names and localities will be published on www.mynikonlife.com.au/dfpromotion on 16/10/2014. All reasonable attempts to notify the winners of the result of the draw will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to draw eight (8) additional reserve entries in the draw and record them (in order) in case an invalid entry or Entrant is drawn, or the Entrant is unable to accept or participate in the applicable prize. An Entrant whose entry was drawn must confirm their eligibility to be awarded the applicable prize, and ability to accept and participate in the applicable prize, within five (5) days of being successfully notified by the Promoter that they have been drawn, otherwise their entry will be deemed invalid. In the event of an invalid entry or an ineligible Entrant, or if an Entrant is unable to accept a prize or declines to participate in the applicable prize, the prize will be awarded to the first reserve entry drawn. The Promoter will continue the process until the prize is awarded. If after this process a prize has still not been awarded or an Entrant drawn cannot be notified, the Promoter will hold an unclaimed prize draw in accordance with Condition 17.
- The first five (5) eligible Entries randomly drawn from all Entries received will win a double pass to spend the day with Marcus Bell (professional photographer) at his photography studio in Queensland for the winner and one (1) companion aged 18 years or older, valued at up to $9,000.00 (Prize). The Prize is comprised of the following:
- two (2) passes to spend the day with Marcus Bell (professional photographer) at his photography studio on 23/11/2014 at Brisbane, Queensland;
- two (2) return economy airfares to Brisbane, Queensland from the Australian city airport closest to the ordinary residential address of the winner (inclusive of airfare related taxes and charges). Flights will be departing the winner’s closest Australian city airport on 22/11/2014 and departing Brisbane, Queensland on 23/11/2014. If the winner’s residential address is Brisbane, Queensland or the metropolitan/regional area of Brisbane, Queensland, this component of the Prize will be forfeited;
- one (1) night, minimum four (4) star accommodation in a hotel nominated by the Promoter in its sole discretion in Brisbane, Queensland from 22/11/2014 to 23/11/2014 (inclusive) (twin-share) (or similar). If the winner’s residential address is Brisbane, Queensland or the metropolitan/regional area of Brisbane, Queensland, this component of the Prize will be forfeited; and
- return transfers to and from the destination airport and destination accommodation and to and from Marcus Bell’s studio and the destination accommodation. If the winner’s residential address is Brisbane, Queensland or the metropolitan/regional area of Brisbane, Queensland, this component of the Prize will be forfeited.
- Redemption of the Prize is subject to availability and may be dependent on travel class availability, specific room category availability and travel ‘blackout’ periods applying (including school holidays and public holidays). All components of the Prize must be taken together and when offered or are forfeited. The winner and companion/s (if any) must travel together and depart from and return to the same departure point. The winner and companion/s (if any) may not accrue frequent flyer points. No extension or variation of the travel dates nominated by the Promoter permitted. Use of the Prize and any passes or vouchers issued as part of the Prize may be subject to prevailing prize supplier terms and conditions of use. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with travel discounts or special offers.
- All additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of the Prize, are the responsibility of the winner and companion/s (if any). Such additional costs include, but are not limited to, meals, beverages, room service, telephone calls, laundry services, spending money, transport to and from airport departure point, other transfers, taxes including arrival and departure taxes (if applicable) but excluding airfare related taxes and charges included in the Prize, insurance, and travel insurance. Winner may be required to present a credit card at time of accommodation check-in.
- Taking the Prize is subject to any prevailing terms and conditions of any accommodation/transport/services/transfers or travel insurance providers, and in particular, health, behaviour, age and safety requirements. No compensation will be payable if the winner, or their travel companion, are unable to use any element of the Prize as stated for whatever reason, including refusal of entry or departure into or out of Brisbane, Queensland or participation in certain activities for health, age, behaviour or safety reasons. Any part of a Prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited.
- The Prize must be taken on the dates nominated by the Promoter otherwise the entire prize is forfeited. No extension or variation of the travel dates nominated by the Promoter will be permitted. All components of the prize must be taken together. Any element of the prize not taken will be deemed to be forfeited.
- It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner and their companion (if any) may be required to sign a legal release or releases and/or agree to a code of conduct in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request a winner’s companion (if any) produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the companion’s (if any) identity and age before issuing the Prize.
- Total of five (5) prizes awarded in this promotion.Thetotal maximum prize pool value awarded in this promotion is up to $45,000.00. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (unless otherwise indicated). The Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST, depending on point of departure.
- The Promoter may conduct a further draw at the same time (AEST) and place as the original draw as is necessary on 16/1/2015 in order to distribute any prize(s) unclaimed by that date, subject to any written directions given under applicable State or Territory legislation. In the event of any winner(s) in the unclaimed prize draw, the winner(s) will be notified in writing and the name and locality of the winner(s) will be published on www.mynikonlife.com.au/dfpromotion on 19/1/2015. All reasonable steps to notify the winner(s) of the results of the unclaimed prize draw (if any) will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Entrant’s identity, age, residential address, and eligibility to enter and claim a prize and any information submitted by the Entrant in entering the promotion, before issuing a prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or an Entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction then all the entries of that Entrant will be ineligible and deemed invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant for: (a) tampering with the Eligible Purchase. process; (b) completing an Eligible Purchase in a manner not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) engaging in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. A prize will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion
- The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly, other than in accordance with these Conditions of Entry, is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
- If a prize or element of a prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize or prize element of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
- If this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or, if necessary, to provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as an original prize, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, an Entrant consents to, in the event they are a winner, the Promoter using the Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. An Entrant agrees, in the event they are a winner, the Entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
- An Entrant also agrees that the Promoter may, in the event the Entrant is the winner, publish or cause to be published the Entrant winner’s name and locality in any media, as required under the relevant State or Territory lottery legislation.
- If the Promoter collects an Entrant’s Personal Information, the Promoter will provide to the Entrant, at time of entry into the promotion, a collection statement that details the Personal Information being collected, the purpose of its collection, where the Personal Information will be stored and how it will be shared with third parties. The collection statement will comply with the Promoter’s disclosure obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
- The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies excludes all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (including any applicable Consumer Guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law), for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize. Applicable manufacturers and/or distributors should be contacted in regards to all prize warranty claims.
- In these Conditions of Entry: “Australian Consumer Law” means Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). “Personal Information” means, for the purpose of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- Promoter: Nikon Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 74 34 121 761 537) of Suite 501, Level 5, 5 Rider Boulevard, Rhodes NSW 2138. Telephone number: 02 8767 6900.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/14/04601 ACT Permit No. TP 14/02030. SA Permit No. T14/1064. VIC Permit No. 14/4416