What’s the story behind a great profile picture? Most of us like to have a memorable and meaningful profile pic. It’s how you present yourself and it can really help to lift your online status.
We followed “Joel”:../JoelPhillips and “Holly”:../HollyBrisley, capturing all the action, fun and bizareness that can go into the perfect profile pic, using their Nikon “COOLPIX cameras”:../gear/digital-compact-cameras of course! Watch “Joel”:../articles/deconstruction-of-a-profile-pic-joels-story and “Holly’s”:../articles/deconstruction-of-a-profile-pic-hollys-story videos and get inspired to create some awesome profile pics.
h3. How it Works
What happens in the lead-up to a great proï¬le pic? In the video below, Joel explains how you can upload your favourite profile picture, it’s story, and have the chance to win a $5000 ultimate profile picture experience. There’s 3 to be won!
h3. WIN the ultimate profile pic experience with Nikon COOLPIX
There are two kinds of profile pic:
* *A memorable instant, often captured by chance* – hanging out with your mates, the mankini you wore to the work party, that crazy face you pull…or simply that look that says who you are.
* *A carefully constructed and posed shot* – it takes hours (or even days) to perfect but it’s one that gets heaps of comments and feedback.
h4. The Prize
We’re giving 3 My Nikon Life members a once in a lifetime opportunity. Simply show us your favourite profile pics and tell us how you’d spend $5,000 to create your ultimate profile pic and you could win:
* A $5,000 budget to shoot your ultimate profile pic, including:
** Travel for up to 3 people within Australia
** Up to $1,000 worth of Nikon product
** Up to $1,000 spending money
* A Nikon “COOLPIX S8000”:../gear/digital-compact-cameras/s8000 digital camera, valued at $499
We’re looking for ideas that express you as an individual…whatever you want to be doing wherever you want to be doing it:
* You at your dream location, wherever it is in Australia
* Hiring an amazing location
* Having a kick about with your favorite footy team
* Getting a stylist to give you a makeover
* Going to see your favorite band in concert
* Parachuting or doing a bungee jump
* Burying yourself in a mountain of strawberries
* Diving with whale sharks
* Wherever your imagination takes you…
h3. How to win
# *Step 1:* If you’re not already a member of My Nikon Life you need to join – it’s very quick, free and simple to do
# *Step 2:* Upload up to 5 proï¬le pictures that represent you
# *Step 3:* In the album description, explain how you would spend $5,000 to create your ultimate profile pic experience in 255 characters or less (that’s approximately 42 words)
# *Step 4:* In the description for each photo, tell us the story behind how your proï¬le picture came about in 255 characters or less (that’s approximately 42 words)
The closing date is 30 June 2010 and the 3 winners will be announced on My Nikon Life on 16 July 2010.