Nikon is the official camera of Melbourne Spring Fashion Week 2010 (MSFW). To celebrate, we’re offering MSFW attendees exclusive cashback offers on our range of professional digital SLR cameras:
You can also get non-exclusive CASHBACK* offers on these other great Nikon digital SLR cameras: Nikon D3000: $50, Nikon D5000: $100, Nikon D90: $200. Click here.
How to claim
To be eligible to receive a cashback, participants must purchase any of the following Nikon products: Nikon D3S Digital SLR, Nikon D700 Digital SLR, Nikon D300S Digital SLR, Nikon D3X Digital SLR
You will need a valid proof of purchase and your cashback voucher, then click on the link http://nikon.claimit.com.au/promo/index/4 and follow the prompts.
Any eligible items must be purchased from an authorised Nikon reseller in Australia between 30th August and 12th September 2010. All claims must be received by 26th September 2010 and redeemed by following the prompts online at www.nikon.com.au.
For any enquiries regarding your claim, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 989 171.
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to claim and entitlements form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Nikon Australia Pty Ltd, Unit F1 Lidcombe Business Park, 3-29 Birnie Avenue Lidcombe NSW 2141. ABN 34 121 761 537.
- Offer is open to Australian residents (or companies) only. Employees and their immediate families of The Promoter are ineligible to claim.
- Nikon D3S Digital SLR, Nikon D700 Digital SLR, Nikon D300S Digital SLR or Nikon D3X Digital SLR must be purchased brand new from Nikon Australia authorised reseller within Australia. This offer does not apply to any equipment bought directly from The Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and claimants (including a claimant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any claimant who submits a claim that is not in accordance with the Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the claim process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Offer:
- Nikon D300S Digital SLR purchases are eligible for a $200 cashback.
- Nikon D700 Digital SLR purchases are eligible for a $300 cashback.
- Nikon D3S Digital SLR purchases are eligible for a $300 cashback.
- Nikon D3X Digital SLR purchases are eligible for a $400 cashback.
- The Promotion Period: The offer commences on 30th August 2010 and finishes at 11:59pm AEST on 12th September 2010. All claims must be received by 5pm on 26th September 2010.
- Claimants must complete their details online at www.nikon.com.au and follow the prompts to the promotional page. Once details are completed, the claim form confirmation page must be printed, and enclosed must be a photocopied receipt of purchase, a Nikon Melbourne Spring Fashion week voucher, a photocopy of all the barcodes from the product packaging, and the original copy of the Nikon Distributor’s Record slip for the camera body. All must be mailed to Nikon D3S Cashback PO BOX 736 Eastern Suburbs MC, NSW, 2004.
- Multiple claims are permitted, subject to the following:
- only one claim permitted per specified purchase requirement;
- each claim must be submitted separately and in accordance with claim requirements; and
- a maximum of three claims per person or company.
- The Promoter may require claimants to provide original receipts for claims to The Promoter for verification purposes in order to claim the offer. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Incomplete or indecipherable claims will be deemed invalid. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the promotional period but prior to claim. If the Promoter requests proof of purchase to be sent in, the Promoter recommends proof of purchase be sent by registered post; however, this is not a condition of claiming and the cost to do so will be the responsibility of the claimant. Failure to provide the proof of purchase as set out for all claims when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter result in invalidation of ALL of that claimant’s claims. Handwritten receipts or delivery dockets will be investigated to verify authenticity.
- Claims must be received by close of business on 26/09/2010. Cashback proceeds will be sent to the claimant once the claim has been validated and processed. All cashbacks will be paid by Electronic Funds Transfer directly into the claimant’s nominated Australian bank account. Claimants can opt for a cheque to be drawn made out to the individual or company name specified on the claim form. It is the responsibility of the claimant to provide correct bank account details. Problems arising from incorrect banking details are the responsibility of the claimant. Cash back will be made within 60 days of receiving EFT details on a completed claim form, or within 90 days if cash back is by cheque. Bank account details will only be used to transfer money.
- Offers are not transferable or exchangeable.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or
is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any
reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter
reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent
permitted by law
- to disqualify any claimant; or
- to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by
law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents)
excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury;
or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct,
indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the
Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoters control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any claim or offer that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in offer value to that stated in the Terms and Conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by a claimant (f) any cost associated with entry, whether Internet or mailing costs.