Terms and Conditions for the My Nikon Life My Twenty - My favourite photos Photography Assignment
- 1.1 Resident of: Australia only.
- 1.2 Minimum age: 18.
- 1.3 Start time: 09:01 (Sydney time).
- 1.4 Start date: 01/04/10.
- 1.5 Closing time: 15:01 (Sydney time).
- 1.6 Closing date: 17/05/10.
- 1.7 Judging time: 15:01 (Sydney time).
- 1.8 Judging date: 19/05/10.
- 1.9 The names of the winner will be posted on mynikonlife.com.au on 20/05/10.
- 2.1 One (1) Prize will be awarded:
- 2.2 The Winner will be awarded the following prize:
- 2.2.1 1 x Nikon COOLPIX S8000.
- 2.3 Total Value of the Prize: $499 (including GST).
- 2.4 Further prize conditions are set out in Condition 10 below.
- 2.5 All prize items are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variations in item values. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. In the event that any prize item is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize item of equal or greater value. Any taxes (other than GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
3.0 Who may enter
The only persons who may enter and be awarded prizes are residents of the place specified in Condition 1.1, who have attained the age specified in Condition 1.2 (if an age is specified in that condition), who are not (i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter or any of its agencies involved with this competition, or (ii) members of the immediate family of such employees and contractors.
“Immediate family” means spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), whether or not they live in the same household as the employee/contractor.
“Promoter” means NIKON AUSTRALIA PTY LTD ABN 34 121 761 537.
4.0 Entrants bound by conditions
By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions.
5.0 How to enter
- 5.1 To enter, entrants must:
- 5.1.1 Visit mynikonlife.com.au.
- 5.1.2 Become a member of My Nikon Life (follow the prompts on the website).
- 5.1.3 Visit the My Twenty assignment page, and enter up to 20 photos and descriptions, that “best represent you as a photographer”. A minimum of 1 photo is required and a maximum of 20 is allowed.
- 5.1.4 It is considered that you have read and accepted the terms and conditions by entering the competition.
6.0 Selection of winners
- 6.1 Entrants may enter one (1) entry.
- 6.2 In connection with promotion, at the date and time specified in 1.8, a judge selected by the Promoter will meet at 107 Alexander Street, Crows Nest, SYDNEY NSW 2065 to choose one (1) entry that has been judged to have entered the most creative, relevant and/or original answer in response to the game of skill question specified at 5.0.
- 6.3 Chance plays no part in determining the Prize winner.
- 6.4 The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language.
- 6.5 Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
7.0 Special conditions of entry
- 7.1 All entries must be:
- 7.1.1 the original independent creation of the entrant;
- 7.1.2 owned by the entrant; and
- 7.1.3 free of any claims, including copyright or trademark claims by other parties.
- 7.2 Entries must not:
- 7.2.1 have been published previously;
- 7.2.2 have won prizes or awards in other competitions;
- 7.2.3 be restricted in any way; or
- 7.2.4 infringe any third party rights
- 7.3 The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries, entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and the express consent of any individuals featured in the photograph that forms part of an entry and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8.0 Limitations on entry
- 8.1 Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person.
This competition starts at the Sydney time and date specified in Conditions 1.3 and 1.4. Entries must be received by the Sydney time and date specified in Conditions 1.5 and 1.6.
10.0 Conditions of prize acceptance
- 10.1 The Prize does not include any extra photography equipment.
- 10.2 The Prize does not include any costs above or beyond those stated
- 10.3 No compensation will be payable if the Prize Winner is unable to use the Prize as stated for whatever reason. Any part of the Prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited.
- 10.4 The Promoter accepts no responsibility for variations in the value of the Prize. The components of the Prize may alter for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control.
- 10.5 The Prize cannot be exchanged for other products.
11.0 The Promoter
- 11.1 makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
- 11.2 accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to prizes in transit;
- 11.3 is not liable, to the extent permitted by law, for any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner;
- 11.4 Clause 11 does not affect, and is not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which are not able to be excluded under applicable Australian consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its servant or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the prize supplied again.
12.0 Winner notification and publication
The Prize will be notified by email, using the details provided in their entry, and their names and postcode will be published as specified in Condition 1.9.
13.0 Use of Headings
- 13.1 Headings and subheadings are inserted for convenience only and shall not be used to interpret the text of these conditions in any way adverse to an interpretation in favour of the Promoter.
14.0 Ownership of entries
- 14.1 All entries remain the property of the photographer.
- 14.2 Each entrant grants to the Promoter the right to use, reproduce and publish the entry in any media, for the purposes of (a) running this competition; (b) advertising, promoting, marketing and/or publicising this competition; and for any future promotional, advertising, marketing and/or publicity activities of the Promoter.
- 15.1 If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
- 15.2 The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries.
- 15.3 The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
- 15.4 CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON A WEBSITE, OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WHETHER SUCCESSFUL OR NOT, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16.0 Liability, Indemnity and Release
- 16.1 In consideration for the Promoter accepting the Entrant’s entry, the Entrant releases and forever discharges the Promoter from all claims that the Entrant may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with any entrant’s participation in this promotion;; the Winner’s acceptance and use of the Prize, and the Winner’s guest’s acceptance and use of the Prize.
- 16.2 The entrant indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoter to the extent permitted by law in respect of any claim by any person (including but not limited to other entrants in the promotion), arising as a result of or in connection with the entrant’s participation in the promotion.
- 16.3 In this Condition 16, “all claims” means and includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim, demand, damage, penalty, cost or expense however arising.
- The Promoter is Nikon Australia Pty Ltd, Unit F1, Lidcombe Business Park, 3-29 Birnie Avenue, Lidcombe NSW 2141.
18.0 Entire conditions
- These conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties relating to the entry and the conduct of the competition.